RBTA's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mwilliams

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone with major experiences with RBTA's??

I have read several post about them getting chewed up by the powerheads and some survie and those who cut them up to frag them...

When they get chewed up by the powerheads they do lose their mouths correct?
When they lose their mouths how long will it take for them to grow their mouths back so they can start eating again?

Or if they lose their mouths is there no hope for them to recover?

When they get chewed up by the powerheads they do lose their mouths correct?

Not always. Depends on how/where they were chewed up. If their tentacles were chewed up, odds are more than likely they'll make a full recovery. If the foot is lost in the process, it's dead. If part of the mouth is unharmed it can be hit or miss imo/ime.

When they lose their mouths how long will it take for them to grow their mouths back so they can start eating again?

Or if they lose their mouths is there no hope for them to recover?

Recovery time depends on the animal and your tank. The mouth I'd say isn't as important as the foot. Anemones receive nearly all their energy through light.

Thanks the foot is good but no mouth. It tore a small hole in the base/tentacle area and I was trying to free it from the rocks edge were it got hung up at and I lifted up the top rock not knowing it's foot had ahold of the top rock & bottom rock. Managed to lift both rocks out and put it in a hospital tank then is when it ended up splitting into two and both pieces no longer have a mouth.

Back
Top Bottom