Rcs pregnant...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hcourts

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a rcs that is saddled...will she lay eggs or will they pop out little mini shrimps or what?!? I'm new to pregnant shrimp...:/

They will pop out as mini shrimps :). They won't have their color until they get a little older though

How long does that usually take?!,? She's been sporting that baggage for over a week!! And I'm real surprised too!! As there were only the two of them in that tank till yesterday when I added the new ones I got!!

Very good:) she hasn't dropped them yet so that means that they may be fertilized right?? I did alittle reading on it last night but it never stated how long she carried them for. That is great!!

I don't mean to hijack the thread but how long does it take for RCS to molt. I found little shrimp skeletons everywhere and can only find 8/12. When will I see them again?

Undercarriage.. Wasn't sure of terminology for it when I posted... It's ok:) not sure how often they molt maybe someone else knows??

Not sure how to tell them apart Lyndab!! The one that has the eggs is bigger then the lighter colored one that was in there with her??

Not sure how to tell them apart Lyndab!! The one that has the eggs is bigger then the lighter colored one that was in there with her??

This is not unusual. I think all my males are smaller. The lighter colored are males.

LyndaB said:
This is not unusual. I think all my males are smaller. The lighter colored are males.

Yep here is an example the darker one in the middle is a female the other 2 are males

Attachments

• image-752178202.jpg
    image-752178202.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 127
Awsome!! I just got 20 more to go with the two I already had:) hopefully they will keep on being happy;)

Thanks!! I'm real excited!! So I think one of my guppys I got is pregnant too:0 will my dwarf honey gourami eat the babies??

Lol!! That's ok then!! If some make it they make it. I don't need a million guppys as cute as they are;) I may need to take my gourami out of that tank anyways bc of my shrimpletts;)

Back
Top Bottom