RCS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscarr19

Aquarium Advice Addict
Finally found a breeder locally who sells them cheap. Picking up 20 for my 5G. I hope to start selling locally or even online to some other canadian users here. Either way i'll probably sell on aquabid. I don't expect to start soon though considering its a 5G and the RCS won't last in my other tanks and i don't want a cramped up tank. I do plan to upgrade to a 10 or 15 gallon in a few months though.

:lol: thanks. Gonna have them tomorrow morning really excited to see if any of them have eggs.

That's so cool! I have a small 1.5ish gallon tank that I'm setting up for some cherry shrimp:) So do post pictures! I bet it'll look awesome! Oh, and tell us how they turned out!

I will I will :)

I figure before i start breeding/shipping fish i can get a little experience shipping out shrimp that i know won't fail to breed :lol:

YAY! Got a lot of juvies but have a few nicely colored females. More pics once acclimated :D

Attachments

• image-3025795268.jpg
    image-3025795268.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 79
Haha sweet! I'm hoping they'll breed before it gets too cold but I'll get heat packs anyway.

Upon further inspection I found out that I've got around 25-30 and I found baby shrimp! One female has eggs too.

Here are some more pictures!

Attachments

• image-1435274547.jpg
    image-1435274547.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 71
  • image-244888323.jpg
    image-244888323.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 64
  • image-1454384126.jpg
    image-1454384126.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 78
  • image-1198974074.jpg
    image-1198974074.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 64
  • image-251403950.jpg
    image-251403950.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 64
Thanks! I'm just hoping the betta isn't eating them. I saw him with a strand of something sticking out of his mouth but it was curly so i think it was just a strand from the cotton that was with the shrimp. If he does the only place i can move him is into a bowl without a heater or filter.

I decided to move the betta. He kept getting too close for comfort and when the shrimp would scurry he would give chase. I don't really want a new tank now since i want to save for future plans so i think whats best for the betta is if i give him away :(

I decided to move the betta. He kept getting too close for comfort and when the shrimp would scurry he would give chase. I don't really want a new tank now since i want to save for future plans so i think whats best for the betta is if i give him away :(

Good call. Any betta will absolutely eat whatever shrimp he can catch. He may not look at the adults as prey, but any babies and young shrimp he can catch are gonna be toast. You could keep them together if you were just interested in a small colony, but since you actually want to increase their numbers, removing the betta is definitely the way to go.

Kinda sucks having to give him away. He was ok with my amano shrimp.

Om nom nom nom nom

Attachments

• image-921167607.jpg
    image-921167607.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 48
Back
Top Bottom