re-aquascaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok guys, this took forever. With all of my fishies dead (RIP) I decided to move my aquarium along with change the sand (because it might have contributed to their death).

I am done.

Pictures will come tonight after I scrub the inside of the tank and spray the outside with some vinegar water.

I will not be messing inside the tank for a loooooong time to come!! yippeee

Yes.
I have one green chromis left.. I shall call him trooper.
2 nassarius snails, 1 turbo snail, and a large hermit crab

Definitely mix some live sand (10 pound bag or so) with a bunch of aragonite. 1-2" with live rock is the way to go to keep ammonia from killing all your fish out of nowhere :/

Done. Finished. Not changing anything else! Very pleased with it. :-D The white sand looks amazing.

Full tank shot:
30ayjqr.jpg

Some closeups:
f2ikh5.jpg

28ryvm.jpg

dcefy1.jpg

caught the green chromis looking
161yglv.jpg

thanks guys :)

wish I could've done this from the very beginning
i've been through a lot of work! haha

What a huge improvement to your tank! Where did you get that rock?

I was a little concerned when I saw your tank full of rocks, but you've come a long way.

Thanks. I'll keep that link and reference this thread if I decide to turnover my freshwater tank in a few years.

So I got two green chromis today to go with my other one. :)

My water parameters are so perfect.. more perfect than they've ever been (thanks to that marine buffer I used!). I haven't touched inside the tank for about a week. Trying to leave it alone! Actually I'm skipping my PWC this week and going to start doing it every other week.

Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate are all 0 - again, I don't know how I got zero nitrates but I am not complaining. I do have diatoms again so maybe this explains it.

pH is 8.3, dKH is 12 (going to aim for this to be 10, i had a faulty test kit!). Temp is 79F

In a week or two, providing I keep the water parameters stable, I am going to order a pair of baby maroon/yellow clowns :D

Actually I may go with a pair of black/white clownfish instead of the maroon/yellow clownfish.

Because the maroons are listed as agressive whereas the black/white's are semi agressive.

Trying to keep a peaceful tank! Though those maroon yellow clownfish are so beautiful.

My LFS has a full sized mated pair of black and white clownfish for $90. Is that a bad price?

I paid $80 for my pair of ora's. :) Much better choice over the maroon clownfish in my opinion. My two black clowns are like little babies, they are scared of everything lol

Back
Top Bottom