re did tank any sugestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

charlieweaver21

Aquarium Advice Regular
So i re did my tank today with my woater change i saw alot of people doing more real life setups so i trashed my ordaments and went down to the river and got me some rocks. How much more real loive could i get. Heres a pic. Any suggestions on i should add or do? In not the most creative person

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120928_164145.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120928_164145.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 86
  • ForumRunner_20120928_164157.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120928_164157.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 77
For me, keeping fish has become a journey more than a destination.

One thing I have found that helps is using one of those rubber tipped grab things made for older people... it is perfect for aqua scaping.

Just study what others are doing here and get a good grasp of the basics, then work out what combinations appeal to you and make sense for your fish.

You can study natural habitats online and get a feel for what works.

So i re did my tank today with my woater change i saw alot of people doing more real life setups so i trashed my ordaments and went down to the river and got me some rocks. How much more real loive could i get. Heres a pic. Any suggestions on i should add or do? In not the most creative person

Honestly .. don't do anything too crazy for now ... just continue to look at other aquascapes and it'll come to you. Substrate, Plants, DW and rocks .. those are really the 4 main elements .. IMO ... to work with.

One thing I think to consider is going with a Black background. Those pictured backgrounds are fine if you want a specific theme like in a biotope. In my case I found myself modeling the deco to my son's previous 10gal to "fit" with the background he picked. For me a black background gives a clean slate to work with.

Definitely don't get into a rush...take your time & soak up as much information as possible..with years of xp I'm still not where I'd like to be..

I would scrap your current background and go for a black one. I would also change your gravel to black or white sand. That's just me what really matters is what you like!

It's simple picture in your head the bottom of a river I agree new background and substrate would be where I would start then I would look online on google and YouTube at freshwater tanks natural and find what decor you like. Here's my tank not based solely on the natural look but getting there :)

image-1276590488.jpg

...joey... said:
It's simple picture in your head the bottom of a river I agree new background and substrate would be where I would start then I would look online on google and YouTube at freshwater tanks natural and find what decor you like. Here's my tank not based solely on the natural look but getting there :)

What lighting do you use?

Back
Top Bottom