Re-homing an Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mzoeller

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So, in January 2020, I got two tiny angelfish. Their bodies were between the size of a dime and a nickel. They are a champaign color and are now about 2" a cross, give or take a little.

They are in a 30 gal tank with a couple of cory cats and six tetras. They never bother the smaller livestock, but they pick at each other all the time. Lately, they are aggressive to the point of damaging each other's scales. I have another tank (20 gal) that I think is too small. I've gotten attached, but think it's time to find a new home for one of them.

There aren't any aquarium clubs in the area and the lfs was unable to suggest a good way of finding a new home. I've thought of FB marketplace and Craigslist, but am leery of going that route.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to any/all ideas.

Thanks,
Melanie

Angels are def not angelic. Esp the males. Mine fight and challenge almost non stop, and are in a bigger tank. Local fish forums like this for your area, or CL work. I've swapped and bought fish several times using those routes

Thanks for your response, charliebankston! I have had little success with finding other aquarists in my local area. All I know is that the aggression can't be good for either of them. I'll keep looking for others in my area that may be able to help me re-home one of them. Thanks again!

I've had hundreds of Angelfish and find that they are always nipping at each other. That's just what they do. But I've never seen one actually harm another.

I've had them knock a few scales off, and cause some abrasions around the mouth lip locking, but nothing other than minor stuff. But I'm used to watching cichlid aggression, my African tank of 30 is bad. I think ev1 in there has some kind of nipped fin, lol

Maybe I'm being too futzy about it. I should add more hiding places, I think. Is a 30 gal tank big enough for 2 of them?

Back
Top Bottom