Reading a post and needing to scream.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TMaier

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have read some posts that have literally let me screaming obscenities at my phone.

There's the I know nothing but have lots of little lives in my ignorant hands.

And then there are the people who ask questions but don't like the answers so do what they want anyway.

Then I remember the "Tact" sticky and close the thread and move on.

So hard sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thank you for knowing that you can not fix everything or everyone.

There is a PM option for sharing in a one one one, but tact is always important. Also a report button if there is a serious issue.

Sometimes it takes people some personal conversations, say politely in a PM, to help someone understand. Sometimes there is no logic or reason to be had and never will be.

We can help as much as possible by sharing advice, and for every post of good advice, many people may read it and you might help THEM, even if you can't help the OP.

We, for the most part are lovers of our little aqua critters, and wouldn't want anything bad to ever happen to them and do our best to communicate that in a caring way.

Sometimes people are raised to think that humane fish (animal) care/keeping doesn't matter and you can just get another at the store, and it takes time or a different way of seeing things to help them understand.

Sometines we can make a difference and sometimes we can't.

Thank you to all who do and try to.

I am an old fish lover turning back to the joy of caring and raising fry. I forgot how much I loved just doing that. I am suprised at how much has changed over 30 + years. I used to go by the smell of the water to know what I needed to do to keep my fish healthy. I am amazed at how easy it is today to keep a healthy tank. There is no reason to let any fish suffer.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Aquarium Advice mobile app

One of the big elements that keeps me hooked is that we just keep learning.

I am just starting my tank. It has a week on the water now and I know I must wait a while yet. My new girl friend is so impatient and wants fish now. She really has no idea how you must be careful or it will end in bad results. I know way back how much it hurt me to see one of my prize angle fish die. I had it for about 10 years and it was jet black. I had a pair and they produced many offspring.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I am sure you gave her a stern talking to on why to wait. So sad when little fishes die.

Back
Top Bottom