Rearranging tanks project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xander

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I decided to rearrange the tanks in my basement. I put them where they fit as I set them up but have realized they will fit another way. The only reason I didn't put them in certain spots before was due to the trouble of getting them level. On the short exterior wall I had a 30G and a 55G and my RO storage in a rubbermaid tub. I found that I can fit both my 55s along that wall and keep the RO tub in place. This makes use of every inch of wall available to me on that side. I moved the 30 to the long wall on the other side of my desk. This only took a few hours this morning. Simply sliding the 55 to the corner took even longer since the job of leveling it was tedious. I am quite pleased of the level of level I achieved considering I previously thought it impossible. Pics are to come.
Next is the task of putting the other 55 to that wall. It has a 20G and a 5G on the bottom rack of the metal stand. I have a 40G that's not set up yet to use to house fish while moving their furniture. I can move the 5 easy enough and have a 10 G qt tank to hold the baby bass. Sad thing is I go from 3 sided viewing to 1. I really like seeing all around the tanks but think I'd have more space this way. The empty 40g will be going next to my lone 30G so I can get CO2 to both of them. This will really open up the space. I got used to having a cave like feel but this will be more efficient use of the space.
Sorry about the ramble just wanted to share my adventure. Will continue to post as I go and will get some pics up as well.

I have one corner shimmed up 1 1/4"
It's still level after filling.

Attachments

• image-3472848092.jpg
    image-3472848092.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 67
  • image-3838535326.jpg
    image-3838535326.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 58
lots of work. Looks like you did a good MacGyver on the level job :)

Is it the floor or the stand that is not level?

fort384 said:
lots of work. Looks like you did a good MacGyver on the level job :)

Is it the floor or the stand that is not level?

It's the floor. The concrete is highest around the exterior walls and it sorta slopes toward the floor drain. Some years ago before I bought the house the trees roots busted up some of the floor and the patch up job is far less than stellar. The interior wall isn't nearly so bad. One of the tanks there is only shimmed on the front and not much. The other stand found level itself which is why it is where it is. I think that was the first one I put down here.

Back
Top Bottom