Rebelyeller's JBJ 28 gallon build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got one as a juvenile he's in my tank with clowns basslets and a bi color angel he does just fine

I'm having a hard time trying to decide on fish. Especially the first fish to put in. I for sure want a clown (I want a black and white but I think my mom wants a "nemo") I like gobies and blennies too. Any suggestions?

Also here is a pic of my shrimp. He's pretty friendly.

Why don't you get a B&W, and then get a regular Orange and White Clown? That is what I currently have in my 34g. :)

Well I thought of two clowns, but I would like something other than clowns too. And I'm afraid that two clowns would be the max for my tank

I think you can fit 5-6 fish in your tank.
So
1. B&W Clown
2. Occelaris Clown (Picasso looks really nice)
3. Your choice
4. Your choice
5. Your choice
6. If you want another fish
Fish I'd recommend:
- Scissortail Goby
- Watchman Goby
-Lawnmower Blenny
- 1 Blue Chromis (Better alone)
- Dartfish
- Cardinal
- Six line wrasse
- Cleaner wrasse

I currently am overstocked in my 29g cube with 7 total fish. It's been working for me so far but I would recommend 5 at most. :) I am upgrading to a 60g tank soon so I took that into consideration.

Well I DO want to upgrade, but no solid plans for that. So maybe I'll just keep it at five. Carey what do you have in your nano right now?

Quite a few fish actuallty, lol there is:
citron goby
yellow watchman goby
2 b&w clowns
firefish
blue mandarin
scooter
I also have 3 peppermint shrimp, one cleaner shrimp, 1 turbo snail, about 15 nassarius snails and bout 5 hermits.

I do alot of water changes and because of the two dragonets I feed at least 2 times a day so my water is always at issue. Thats why i think 5 fish, if chosen well would be great for your tank.

Saw a "strawberry basslet" or strawberry pseudochromis today in the pet store, I was tempted to get him, but had never seen one before. From what I gather they seem like an ok fish. Anyone have any experience with them?

rebelyeller89 said:
I'm having a hard time trying to decide on fish. Especially the first fish to put in. I for sure want a clown (I want a black and white but I think my mom wants a "nemo") I like gobies and blennies too. Any suggestions?

Also here is a pic of my shrimp. He's pretty friendly.

Ours does the same!!!! Lol!!

Congrats on the new addition! Great looking firefish. Ill be following this thread, your tank is alot like mine lol

Gboy66 said:
Ours does te same!!!! Lol!!

Congrats on the new addition! Great looking firefish. Ill be following this thread, your tank is alot lile mine lol

Yes they're so sweet! I love feeding him. :D
And I'm following y'alls as well, I've learned so much since I came to this site!

rebelyeller89 said:
Yes they're so sweet! I love feeding him. :D
And I'm following y'alls as well, I've learned so much since I came to this site!

Cool! Chime in sometime!:)

Check out Royal Grammas. They are SO cool

I know. I really like them, but they seem so mainstream (lol) I'm trying to get something a little out of the ordinary.
Missed that mark with the firefish ;)

rebelyeller89 said:
I know. I really like them, but they seem so mainstream (lol) I'm trying to get something a little out of the ordinary.
Missed that mark with the firefish ;)

Ah i see! Ya, the firefish threw me off! Lets see, what about different clowns? Snowflake, platinum, black ice..problem with all these is that they are much more money than anyone should ever spend on a fish lol!

I say do a goby/pistol shrimp pair. VERY cool an unique IMO;)

Yes I love the snowflake, I like Picasso too. I like the yellow stripe maroon as well. And the black and white! Soooo just have to narrow it down to two. The goby/pistol shrimp really interests me, but I thought the pistol shrimp were aggressive?

Back
Top Bottom