Recently Changed Substrate, now I've got some Questions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Otos maybe, I am not sure, you will have to look them up and compare them. You will also get better responses if you make a new "identify my fish" thread.

They look like batmani (that's the scientific name) and they have similar attributes to the way a pleco acts. They suck the glass and have downward facing mouths, and as far as I can tell they weren't very active this morning, so if they're active this evening/night, I'll tell you. I need to double check the species, because they all look quite similar to the other striped ones (making it much harder to tell what these guys are)

EDIT: it's not the batmani as I thought but it might be "Otocinclus sp. (1)" It's defiantly some sort of Otto though, it has four fins on the bottom instead of just two. I'll keep searching! Tell me if you figure it out, any help is greatly appreciated!

It might be the bororo species, and I've already seen that first link, thanks for the help! :) the inflammation has gone down and they're beginning to relax in the tank ^^

alia258 said:
It might be the bororo species, and I've already seen that first link, thanks for the help! :) the inflammation has gone down and they're beginning to relax in the tank ^^

WC Otos won't always eat Algae wafers. Try blanched Romaine or Spinach or Zucchini. Or
Tray of water + smooth larger rocks + sun = Oto Food !!! Grow your own soft green algae.

Will it work to grow algae in cool water? Or does it need to be heated?

Alrighty, I'll see about an algae culture! I've got some growing in my breeder box, can I scrape some into a plastic cup or something and jump start the culture?

Back
Top Bottom