recently got a tank now have 10 tetras new to this forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

originalnut

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi there i have been trying to get fish for a while now so finaly got my tank a little while ago its just cycled so i got 10 tetras and cant stop watching them seen this forum and thought it might be good to join for a bit of advise every now and then

Welcome to AA! Do you know what size tank and tetras you have? I would love to see pictures of them! Hope you like the site so far!

i have a 60 litre tank just so i can get used to the bio loads and that before i move on to a bigger tank with more fish ill try to get a good picture of the neons now

i wanted cardinals but read neon tetras are slightly hardier so i thought they would be a better starter i read a huge book before i even filled my tank with water

Actually, I personally think that's backwards. I find cardinals to be much hardier. Neon Tetras have been so overbred these last few years that it's not unusual for you to lose quite a few from a new school, because they are weak. I hope that's not the case with yours, but should you have any issues with them, definitely let us know and we'll see how we can help. :)

i seem to have got 10 healthy ones but time will tell but i got told if theres no health issues due to overbreeding or environmental neons are hardier but i will be getting cardinals with my neons when i get a bigger tank

Back
Top Bottom