Red algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msuhaizie

Aquarium Advice Regular
What r the effects if i put red algae inside my tank?

Attachments

• image-1680472480.jpg
    image-1680472480.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 69
  • image-851076911.jpg
    image-851076911.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 67
It depends what you have in your tank and want to create. A lot of people have macro algae in the dt and create display fuges with sea horses. If you have algae grazers they will eat it. I would say go for it unless you have corals then I would not put it in there.

But i have no refegium because my tank just a 5g tank.. So? Should i take it out from my tank? I have polyps, button, bubble, flower pot, torch n mushroom corals..

I think the main reason why I would not keep it in there is it can grow out of control and take over the tank, and also if it goes sexual then it could crash your tank.

Macro algae I'd Typically used in a refugum that is located below the tank and is plumbed via and overflow. Macro algae is great at exporting excess nutrient from the water along with lowering nitrates. Chateo (I think that is how you spell it) is one of the popular macro algae to use because it dose not go sexual and it is easy to grow. Macro algae grows best under a cfl or any other light with a spectrum of 6500k or natural daylight at 67000k. macro algae can be kept in the display tank but is not recommended unless you want to have a display fuge. Macro algae can take up the entire tank if not trimmed and cover corals thus blocking light. I hope this gives you an understanding of macro algae and how it is used.

Back
Top Bottom