Red belly piranhas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

njdevil88

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all have a few questions...right now running a 50 gallon with a penguin 100 and 150 gonna be taking the penguin 100 off and adding a aqua clear 110 and the penguin 150.. Now when I setup the aqua clear 110 I'm gonna be setting up with fulval peat granules,sponge,and aqua clear biomax..now on the penguin that I'm keeping I don't want to run carbon anymore due to wanting to keep the tannins in the water what do I put in the penguin for a cartridge all the help would be great trying to mimic there natural habitat thanks

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hello all have a few questions...right now running a 50 gallon with a penguin 100 and 150 gonna be taking the penguin 100 off and adding a aqua clear 110 and the penguin 150.. Now when I setup the aqua clear 110 I'm gonna be setting up with fulval peat granules,sponge,and aqua clear biomax..now on the penguin that I'm keeping I don't want to run carbon anymore due to wanting to keep the tannins in the water what do I put in the penguin for a cartridge all the help would be great trying to mimic there natural habitat thanks

I'd look at holding off on the piranha until you get a bigger tank. They can get quite large and do best in groups of five or more. Keeping just one will stress the fish out and keeping two can result in pretty bad fights for dominance of such a small space. I'd look into getting 100+ gallons and keeping a school of them. Also, they're pretty messy so investing in a nice canister and maximizing the filtration would be beneficial.

I have 4...and had 4 of them before..believe it or not had them in a 30 gallon for 2 years and never had a problem but I'm from jersey and when we had hurricane sandy lost all my fish due to no power for 2 and and a half weeks now getting back into them.

I have 4...and had 4 of them before..believe it or not had them in a 30 gallon for 2 years and never had a problem but I'm from jersey and when we had hurricane sandy lost all my fish due to no power for 2 and and a half weeks now getting back into them.

I still stand by you needing a larger tank for these fish to thrive. But if you're set in doing it your way and you had no problems before then just mimic your previous setup.

I understand what your saying with a bigger tank don't wanna sound like idc what your saying..right now there only 1.5 once they hit 3.5/4 inches I will end up getting a bigger tank..gives me some time to save some money for it.. Just wanted to try peat and since being the first time using wanted to get some advice

For the penguin cartridge, I believe you could make a small slit along the top of a new cartridge and pour out the carbon.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom