red blood spots, staying on bottom of tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mendoza4

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My calico ryukin goldfish has red blood spots on body and gills and doesn't eat much and pretty much stays at the bottom of the tank I have had several die from this what is it and its not affection. My black fish or red caps

150 gallons marine land Bio sheen filter 6ft long 1.5 St wide by 2ft tall. I have black moorn, red cap and calico ryukins all small to medium size 8 fish total well now 7

Yes, more information is def needed here! How big is your tank? How long has been running with fish? Is it cycled? How many/how big/what type of goldfish are in there? How often do you pwcs/how much? What type of filter? How are you testing your water parameters (amm/nitrite/nitrate)-liquid or strips? What are your water parameter readings (numbers)? What are you using as a water conditioner? It sounds like your sick fish is suffering from ammonia and/or nitrite poisoning. Ammonia & nitrite are lethal to your fish. You need to be testing your water & doing large daily pwcs with a good water conditioner (prime or amquel plus) to keep your amm/nitrite levels below .25. Also, fancy goldfish need 20gal for the 1st fish, 10gal for each fish after (this is the minimum rule)-if you dont have an appropriate sized tank, you will need to consider upgrading your tank or rehoming/returning your fish & getting something more appropriate. More information will help us to help you!

Back
Top Bottom