Red Cherry Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"If eggs have been dropped or it appears that the female has lost some eggs there can be many reasons for this. Some believe that young females that become pregnant for the first time are "amateurs" and will tend to drop some eggs. Others believe that when a female is unhealthy or unhappy then she will also drop some eggs..."

http://www.planetinverts.com/shrimp_reproduction.html

Attachments

• yellow_shrimp_female_saddle_th.jpg
    yellow_shrimp_female_saddle_th.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 94
I think its because she is young. She should be happy and healthy in the environment I made for them.

jetajockey said:
Dwarf shrimp also tend to do better in really well established tanks, not sure how long yours has been running but that's always been a factor with mine.

The tank has been set up for over a year... It sat empty for a week though

One of the females has a yellow saddle! I'm hoping for the best! :)

I have like 80 of them in my tank now, their population has been exploding since I got a moss carpet and a metal mesh filter intake.

I wish they would just stop breeding. Just yesterday I saw two berried shrimp, and they aren't even adult size yet. They're so young, it's like teenage pregnancy.

More Pictures:
EDIT: I tried to insert the pictures in line but it didn't work. I was going to describe each one.
Picture 1:
The full tank shot... it is pretty empty. I will aquascape it later
Picture 2:
One male and female
Picture 3:
Both females, one with the yellow saddle
Picture 4:
A close up of the darker female

Last edited:
The female's saddle moved to her belly...I will try to post some more pictures

Here she is, resting on the moss ball. She has been inactive lately. I think she's going to give birth soon.

Back
Top Bottom