Red cherry shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DannyBWell

Aquarium Advice Activist
As you can see in the picture I have three red cherry shrimp two are very red and one is almost completely clear with very little red why is this?

image-3272188861.jpg

Well ... the two reds I'd say are female RCS ... the clear one is either one of two possibilities.

1. A very washed out male ... male RCS have little red.
2. Not an RCS ... to me the eyes don't look like RCS eyes, though it's tough to tell even with the second pic. The body shape looks like an RCS.

Can you get a closer-up pic of it? It may just be a very washed up male RCS ... I've got a few of those in my shrimp tank.

I thought it was a ghost shrimp at first too but it has red on him or she but very little

Well ... the two reds I'd say are female RCS ... the clear one is either one of two possibilities.

1. A very washed out male ... male RCS have little red.
2. Not an RCS ... to me the eyes don't look like RCS eyes, though it's tough to tell even with the second pic. The body shape looks like an RCS.

Can you get a closer-up pic of it? It may just be a very washed up male RCS ... I've got a few of those in my shrimp tank.

Ill try to get a better pic the camera on my phone isn't great and he doesn't come out often

Ill try to get a better pic the camera on my phone isn't great and he doesn't come out often

How large are the two Reds? Male RCS are generally more washed out and smaller. Adult Female RCS get to about 1inch ... my adult males are about 3/4 inch. The "male" in your tank looks to be the same size as the Reds and they all look to be adult size.

A closer pic should help.(y)

Ghost shrimp have more angular tails. I can kind of see the red stripes in the pic. I'd say its just a male RCS. Some of my males were that light to start with

How large are the two Reds? Male RCS are generally more washed out and smaller. Adult Female RCS get to about 1inch ... my adult males are about 3/4 inch. The "male" in your tank looks to be the same size as the Reds and they all look to be adult size.

A closer pic should help.(y)

The red ones are almost an inch the clear one is 3/4 inch

Its in the genes i have all white red cherry shrimps because it was breed with a rili shrimp which is white and red bands

Back
Top Bottom