Red devil tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zdidonato6

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Recently picked up a small red devil, 3-4 inches. He will be in a 75 gal w a 10 inch oscar and a 9 inch green terror, and temporarily a 9 inch florida gar, i don’t think they’ll kill him, but when the red devil gets bigger, will he kill them??? Just want some other opinions. thanks!

Dude!

Last time I checke your Oscar was 9 inches and your terror was 8.5 inches! You fish how big are they for real? And what filtration do you have and no your red devil can't eat any of your tank mates it might bully them though I'd be worrid about that far tryna eat the devil.

Recently picked up a small red devil, 3-4 inches. He will be in a 75 gal w a 10 inch oscar and a 9 inch green terror, and temporarily a 9 inch florida gar, i don’t think they’ll kill him, but when the red devil gets bigger, will he kill them??? Just want some other opinions. thanks!

It won’t take long even at 4-5 inches that gives you roughly 5-6 months before it’s around 10” provided it’s getting a healthy balanced diet and water is changed weekly.

It will eventually bully and kill tank mates maybe not the gar, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it did. A full grown male RD/Midas/mid evil all need their own 75.

I’ve kept them for over 25 years and I bet I have had one in all that time that could be housed with tank mates. And if I remember right it was like angelfish or something weird.

Back
Top Bottom