Red sheets and Red Bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SassyAngel111

Aquarium Advice Activist
Could some one chime in and tell be what these are? Thanks in Advance

Attachments

• dsc00077_566.jpg
    dsc00077_566.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 34
  • dsc00078_152.jpg
    dsc00078_152.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 25
I'm on a different computer than I ususally am, so I can't make out the pictures that well (I don't see anything red, just blue & purple) so I'm going to go with that fact that its on rocks & you said its red...I'm guessing its cyno. Try moving a powerhead to that area & increasing flow there. As for the cause of it, excess nutrients it normally the culprit. I'll leave it at that before I start rambling & I'm completely wrong :)

The first pic looks like bubble algae, but it's kinda hard to tell... Are the bubbles hard?

The second looks like some sort of macroalgae but I don't have a clue what kind, it's cool though. Is it soft, or hard? If hard, could be some sort of plating coraline, though it sorta looks too dark to be coraline algae.

I have some of the second pic growing in my tank or at least it looks like that....it's kinda mushy to the touch....not really hard...mine is more of a brown color...Fluff identified it butI don't remember what it is called.....

Develishtrutle no the bubbles are soft and almost a brownish red color.
Ziggy it almost feels like a mushroom, but velvetie.[/img][/url]

1st one looks like Botryocladia.
2nd one looks like Haloplegma or more closely Mesophyllum.

Back
Top Bottom