Red Tail Sharks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccross

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Was thinking about Red Tailed Sharks as part of my 55 Gallon that I will be stocking in a few weeks. So far my DEFINITE stocking list will be kuhli loaches and neon tetra's. I know the Red Tails can be territorial but, will they attack the others that I mentioned?

They will definitely chase the tetras not sure about the fish they get bigger then what they say at the pet store they do become less aggressive after a few weeks at least they have in my expirence

I figured they might go after the neon tetra's. More curious as to how they would fare with the kuhli's.

RTS won't eat those fish, but they are very territorial and boisterous. A rainbow shark would likely be a better choice since they are very similar, but a bit less rambunctious.

RTS won't eat those fish, but they are very territorial and boisterous. A rainbow shark would likely be a better choice since they are very similar, but a bit less rambunctious.

Do Rainbow's stick to the bottom as well or are they all over the tank? I know they get quite a bit bigger as well.

Both RTS and RBS are all over the tank. RTS actually get a bit larger.

Both RTS and RBS are all over the tank. RTS actually get a bit larger.

Hmmm. Now I have to think on this. I really like the look of the RTS but, if they are going to stress my other fish, I should go with 1 or 2 of the Rainbow's instead. I just dont care for the look of the rainbows quite as much.

Back
Top Bottom