Red Tailed Shark - MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

monte1214

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
- Hi all, I have a 46g with approx. 30 or so fish.
- Some Danios, Platy's, Australian Rainbows, Tetra's, two Red Line Torpedo Barbs, and a few Gourami's.

- Here's the mystery...I also have two red tailed sharks which have been thriving for the last 4-5 weeks or more, but all of a sudden I can't find the one shark!?!?!

- I've also had one of my barbs die as a result of what looked like a "bite" on his side.

- I've looked to see if the shark jumped to freedom, and I've lifted all of my ornaments but to no avail?

- Here's the question, would one the others eat the shark? or would he have attacked the barb (quite a size difference) and then the barb eat him?
- I have one "suspect" Gourami that terrorizes others, but usually leaves the sharks alone.

- Where do you think he's disappeared too?
- I figured I'd find a body?!!? :confused:

- All help is greatly appreciated!

If your red tailed shark did die, the other fish may have eaten him. Do you have any cats or dogs? If so it is more likely he jumped and a cat or dog carried him away. I have 5 cats and missing fish can sometimes be attributed to them. :)

- I have a dog but I highly doubt she'd get him, but I'm beginning to think she did.

- If the others ate him, I figured I'd see something!??!

2 rtbs in the same tank is asking for trouble. And yes, they will jump. I had a rtbs jump put of one of my tanks.

Back
Top Bottom