red tailed shark owners come forth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
hey to all you that own redtailed sharks, how big is your red tailed shark and how long have you had him, I've had mine since january ( give or take a few days ) and he's pretty much the same size, he may hvae grown a wee bit but not much, he's more active now that he's in the 29 though, so how big our yours? or the biggest they get in tanks that yu know of?

Mine is ~ 5" and I have had him for about 4 1/2 years. He is in my 80 gallon tank and shares his cave with the clown loaches. He's been peaceful with all the fish I've kept in there with the exception of tiger barbs and SAE's

Well i had one in a 40 (which i think is too small once they get big) but i got rid of him because he was killin off my tank. He was about 6 inches when i got rid of him and i got him when he was maybe 2 and i only had him for about 4 months im thinkin... And ya the ones he was aggressive to in my tank were tiger barbs too..bit out there eyes and stuff...mean little terd.

anyways, once they get bigger than 3 inches or so, i'd really recommend putting them in at least 50. They're just too active, and if there's not enough room for the other fish and him...he'll win. (unless you got him w/piranahs!!)

and the only fish he didnt bother in my tank were my clown loaches...teamed up w/them kinda.

I had mine and got rid of him too. When I transferred to the 55 he went nuts. Pestered his tankmates and attacked any new fish. He was history. One of his bites kill my beautiful black ruby barb.

Had mine 2 months, was 2 inches when I bought him. Now about 3 inches.

75g217.jpg

i have had mine for a year.
hes in a 10gallon.( i already know its to small, but hes good)
hes great
and hes like 3-4 inches now.
and he will be getting a new home one day.
i love him soo much

bull!!! mine won't grow lol I've never had any problems with him being mena that didn't last more than a few days, I have him with a clown laoch, tiger barbs, mollies, 2 snails, and zebra danios, he really only pesters my snail that never moves and thats aonly when he starts to clean it shell, it wigs the poor snail out lol

well if this helps.
i had mine for almost a year before he grew. he had a giant growth spurt.
from tiny to 3-4 inches.
and hes only in a 10 gallon.
he never grew and only until we left him at our old house for a month did he grow.
give him time.

hopefully mine will to I want him to be massive along with my clown loach so I can havea reason to get a bigger huget nak lol

Back
Top Bottom