Redoing substrate and lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No Marshall.
I'm a newbie to pressurized CO2. I used glut until about 6 weeks ago. I went with the GLA system. I've read many people use the Milwaukee with good results. The two things you want to get the best you can afford for it is a good solid bubble counter and precise needle valve. Some bubble counters are flimsy all plastic bodies and the more turns on a needle valve between full open and close the more precise they are adjusting and holding the set bubble count. Hope this helps, OS.

Also would the lights I'm running be med/high lighting or low/med, running either 2 bulbs or all 4.

I keep getting looks from the wife as I shop for more stuff. Bought her a fluval spec tank off Craigslist for $30 so now she has one and wants to do small plants. May even do the small fluval co2 in it.

Awesome thank you so much. ? Don't worry I get a lot for having all my tanks. She loves them she just won't openly admit it.

So I'm thinking of going with Activflora for substrate with no cap. I'm thinking 2-3 inches should be fine? And hopefully ordering the regulator for the co2 at the same time so I can get it up and running.

And then begin with the madness of plants muahah. I found some good plants on aquabid and it has a few of the plants I like so I may go with it. I want a nice carpet of glosso. I love it lol

When you get ready to start for a carpet of Glosso, yell at me. I'm in the process of getting mine going and been doing a lot of research. I'll be glad to pass on what I learn.
OS.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391644233.145985.jpg this is how she sits now. But in a few short weeks its gonna be completely different.
It's a bit cloudy but I think it's due to the driftwood. Using 2 maxijet 600's as circulation pumps for now to help with dead spots

OS which regulator did you go with from gla. I've been looking at a few of them. I've never had pressurized co2 and want something easy to setup and won't give me a ton of problems.

I was looking at the Milwaukee but I also see lots of people having issues with the solenoid and with controlling the bubbles.

I got the Supreme system ($445). It's the same as the Optimum but with the more sensitive needle valve. GLA custom assembles to order and tests them many times before they send it to you. I set mine up and didn't have a single leak and the BPS stays very accurate day to day. They stand by their systems, no questions asked and have a really quick and thorough customer communication. You still have to buy the diffusor and drop checker separate, They ARE expensive but if you want top of the line quality, you have to be willing to pay for it. Many say it's not worth it, but when it comes to the safety of the fish and just a real special treat for yourself it's great. "Sometimes you just want to drive a Cadillac" OS.

Yea I'd rather spend more for quality than save some and spend what I would have spent on a quality fixing the cheaper one.

Haven't looked much into diffuser yet. Seen some DIY but I don't like them and really not sure where to start.

Back
Top Bottom