redsea's 125g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
redsea said:
Can I use some plastic plants for the QT?

By the way, the fish is in! Pictures to come tonight or tomorrow. :)

Just make sure they are rated for saltwater. I'm pretty sure there is a difference between salt and fresh water decorations. Not 100% sure on that though. Just remember hearing it somewhere.

Yeah , IDK,,i don't think there is ..I have used cheesy FW plant decorations in my kids tanks,,they been up and going for a year before i took em out..
i think you'll be OK,especially since its only a QT

Okay, so far I haven't seen my new Clownfish eat a thing. I have tried flake and frozen with no results! What should I do? Should I buy some garlic?

Thanks.

redsea said:
Thanks! It should just be at my LGS, right? (Local Grocery Store, LOL)

It's weird, I never expected a Clown to refuse food....

I've used the oil from minced when in a pinch. However, your lfs should sell some from Brightwell or Seachem. It's not that expensive.

Great News!

I got the Pearl Eye Clarkii Clown to eat a little bit of Brine Shrimp last night, woot!

YAY :D

I plan to get the tank down to full hypo tomorrow or Saturday. :)

As always, thanks for following!

So I have the salinity dropped to 1.017-1.016. I plan to finish the drop tonight or tomorrow, I need to make some water first though.

Also, I accidentally left a heater lugged in in one of my garbage cans (for making water) when it was barely submerged at all. Will I run into any problems? It looked like the water has a small film on it, but I don't think that would be from the heater....

Thanks!

A little update for this evening. :)

I got the salinity down even further, I am pretty close now. Unfortunately I used up all of my prepared water again so I can't finish up the treatment until tomorrow. Let me tell you, it takes an awful amount of FW to get a 125g to 1.009, LOL.

Thanks for reading!

Okay, so I wasn't able to get the tank to full hypo this weekend :bang head:, but I have been thinking about final stocking. :)

For final fish I was thinking:
Lamarck's Angel
1 male Squareback, 3 females
1 Mandarin (Not sure which kind yet. Probably whichever kind speaks to me at the moment of purchase :))
1 Yellow Tang

Sound good to everyone? Too many fish? Too little? Should I add more fish? Less?

Thanks a lot, you guys are awesome!

Sounds good! i too considered the lamarcks angel because it's supposed to be reef safe. :)

I personally think you can add a few more fish, nothing large but maybe a couple smaller ones. You could use a goby and a blenny. LOL Then again, I think everyone can use a goby and a blenny.

Sounds good! i too considered the lamarcks angel because it's supposed to be reef safe. :)

I personally think you can add a few more fish, nothing large but maybe a couple smaller ones. You could use a goby and a blenny. LOL Then again, I think everyone can use a goby and a blenny.

Will do! Which kind of Gobies/Blennies would you recommend for this tank?

alot depends on if you like sifters. I have both kinds and they each have their plus's. my digging brown barred goby ( I call him the evil goby) makes HUGE mounds of sand and spits sand on my corals constantly. A plus for him is he is kind of larger than the small tank gobies and seems to fit in with the other fit perfectly. I'm actually liking the new sandsscape, it gives it a more realistic look I think. lol

Or you can go with a shrimp goby, maybe pair him with a shrimp. :) My pink spotted watchman doesn't do much swimming though and spends like 99% of his time in his rock house. But again. it's a larger goby that matches with the tangs and other larger fish.

You know I love my gobies and blennies but I think with the livestock you have planned those cute little ones will get lost in the tank pretty much. lol Just my opinion though.

Great suggestions! I really like the way your Brown Barred Goby's fins move, pretty cool fish that you don't see to often.

I also agree with one on the smaller Gobies, maybe a few for the 34g or 55g, that would be a better choice. :)

Ugggg, still wasn't able to get the tank down to full hypo today, I have been super busy. :( Will this mess up my treatment since it is already lower than 1.015?

Thanks.

Only downside I see is it will be a longer treatment period . So get it all the way down as soon as you can. Good luck .

I think the tank is around 1.009-1.010. :) Is it okay if it goes into the 1.010-1.011 range? Will it still work? Thanks everyone! :)

Nope . Now you need to keep up on your top offs and make sure you keep it at 1.009 or else it will give the ick a chance to survive.it shouldn't be too hard in that big of tank .

Nope . Now you need to keep up on your top offs and make sure you keep it at 1.009 or else it will give the ick a chance to survive.it shouldn't be too hard in that big of tank .
(y)
Yes ,it HAS to be at and stay at 1.008-1.009 ,,it can never go above that during the whole treatment..I always go down to .008 to give that little bit for evaporation

Back
Top Bottom