redsea's 125g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sweet i love updates! Haha too bad they always have bad news involved.... :(

Good to hear about the hippo!

Thanks for following.

Yep, I don't like bad news either. :( BUT I do have some possible fantastic news! I'm not going to say anything though in case it doesn't happen, LOL.

redsea said:
Could be, didn't even think of that. Thanks. :)

Yeah when I was transferring my 75 to my 150 I took out every coral and rock and inspected the crap out of it. The tank only had sand then he just popped out and jumped a few inches in the air!

Well, great news!

While I was feeding the tank last night, the Wrasse made a brief appearance. I didn't see him eat anything (but he could have), but he went back to where he was quickly. While I was looking to see where he was I saw his head poking out of the rock, but then a little bit later when I checked, he wasn't there (as far as I could tell). I am just very happy he is still alive! :)

Thanks everyone!

Glad the wrasse is fine! My red coris and yellow wrasses will hide for days at a time under the sand, always gives me a worry when they do that, I hate not knowing for sure if they are ok. lol

Thanks everybody for the kind words!

I am happy to report that the Wrasse is still doing well. Last I checked he was in the water swimming about. He did give me a scare a little bit earlier because he was on the sand with white stripes (I know that means they are stressed). He is just fine now though, and he did eat some food.

He does seem a bit thin though, I can fix that, LOL.

I am soo happy he didn't die.

Thanks my fantastic followers for reading! :-D

Good afternoon!

I have a question about sand today. Okay, so when I was setting up this tank, I didn't have all the sand in yet. On the sand bag it says not to add the sand to a tank that already has aquatic life. Is that really a problem? Would it be okay if I added a little bit at a time?

On another note, the Wrasse has disappeared again :confused:. I haven't seen him around the past few days, but I am hoping he will come out soon.

Thanks so much for reading everyone!

Last edited:
If you add a small amount of rinsed sand at a time I think you'll be fine. :) You can use a rolled up plastic sheet ot something similar to kinda scoot the sand to the sandbed. You wont want to just drop in un rinsed sand from the top or you'll have one heck of a sandstorm. lol

I bet the wrasse is just hiding again, mine do that constantly and I gotta say it's sometimes hard not to worry about them.

You can put the sand in a clean bottle like a soda bottle and put the whole thing at the bottom of the tank and pour it out . Not sure how much sand you have to put in so it may take a while.

Thanks for the posts both of you!

So if i only add a little bit of sand at a time, I don't need to rinse it?

That would be nice, rinsing isn't all that fun! Lol

I bought 80lb of argonite white sand from reef rocks and i just dumped it in the tank. It was cloudy for a day, then it was perfect. :) didnt even rinse it.

Back
Top Bottom