Reef ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
+1 Aiptasia. Not something you want.

I'd take a lighter and burn it if the rock can be easily removed. If it can't, you can use hot lemon juice, Aiptasia X, Joe's juice etc. and inject it right into the aiptasia anemones in your tank.

It is cool looking but when they spread and big enough to eat your fish you're going to wish you torched it. Which is how I get read of mine if I can get the rock in and out the tank with no issue. Those little torches the use a lighter from home depot are great. If not boiling water works for me. I've had no luck with the shrimp. Had 9 of them at one point, got rid of them all.

Pest anemone Just had to inject a few that popped up in my tank. I injected with boiling lemon juice water. How can you tell they are dead? I think they are because they having opened back up.

Aptasia or Mojano? Thought Aptasia was more white, Mojano darker.

Aiptasia has clear or brown crowns. Majano has colorful crowns usually green or bluish. Majano's are actually very pretty....too bad they're a pest.

I had a majano on my first coral frag I bought they are pretty cool with the green that glows under night lights

AquaRick said:
Aiptasia has clear or brown crowns. Majano has colorful crowns usually green or bluish. Majano's are actually very pretty....too bad they're a pest.

Thanks, AquaRick! Not that I'll ever keep any, but good to know.

Make sure you really get in there and get them, can't be wishy washy like I was at first. LOL Also make sure you turn off ALL the flow in the tank when you use the Kalk mixture. I leave it off for like 20-30 minutes after I go killing them.

carey said:
Make sure you really get in there and get them, can't be wishy washy like I was at first. LOL Also make sure you turn off ALL the flow in the tank when you use the Kalk mixture. I leave it off for like 20-30 minutes after I go killing them.

Thanks Carey. So do you just stick the syringe into them and give them a blast?

Mix the Kalkwasser into a thick paste. Take the steel tip off of the syringe and suck some up. Turn off all flow and squirt a generous amount right on the oral disk. then when it shrivels up into a ball, put another glob on what remains.

Back
Top Bottom