ReefKeeper Plus & JBJ Auto Top Off Sytem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RickkyBobby

Aquarium Advice Activist
OK,, Earlier this week i order a JBJ Auto Top off system and a Aqua Lifter Pump..
Today I bought a used ReefKeeper Plus Setup (Used) For great Price..

My question is.. Will i need anything from the JBJ auto top off setup at all to make the ReefKeeper work as an auto top off? I dont want to open the JBJ box because i would like just to sell it locally new in the box..

I saw that you can just buy a float switch from BRS for the ReefKeeper but i assume any float switch will work, Is that all i need?

I'm Gonna keep the aqua lifter pump because i need something to pump the water from my RO/DI tank..

Let me know what your thinkin

You can buy float switches and make your own, but I would highly suggest a dual float switch setup since float switches are mechanical and prone to fail. You want a backup in case the first one gets stuck - otherwise, you could have a huge and expensive mess on your hands.

Cool, Ty fort, i totally agree with you ..Thats what im Buying .. The Dual float switch Setup.. I just sold the JBJ ATO and now im ordering the float switch setup from BRS to use on my new ReefKeeper
Thanks Man

do you guys have a reservoir for your rodi ?

Do you need a separate float valve set up just for the reservoir aswell ?

I have a reservoir for mixing salt and a reservoir for straight RODI.

Once a week I fill my RODI reservoir that is next to the display tank for auto top off. I fill it in about 5 minutes by running a hose from the reservoir by my RODI system, so I have no auto shutoff. I just monitor it.

Back
Top Bottom