Ref stuff on liverock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the OP is talking about the bright red\orange splotches on his rock. Couple questions:

First off, it looks like it's growing on the sand? If so, it's not coraline.

Did these spots just appear over night? Does it come off if you try to remove it with a brush? If not, then it's probably red\orange coraline.

Wow guys first off thanks so much for the quick response... Well I tried brushing it off and it won't come off... And it is limited to the rock only...

When u got my live rock it was just the pink and purple from what incurs see buy I noticed this reddish colour really kick in since yesterday...

Is it ok if the red takes over the purple... Is it all the same just different colours?

Yup, all the same, just different colors. Sometimes though, the purple coraline can degrade if no light\bad water quality and start to turn paler into the pink/light red colors. If it's growing, you're fine.

Yup it seems to be spreading... And my purple is no less than when I got it... Will monitor it over the next couple of days and keep you posted.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom