Refractometer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skae310

Aquarium Advice Freak
It looks basically like mine, it does correct for the difference in temperature and this is important.

Marine Depot has a sale now and again for their "brand" refractometer. When buying I suggest getting one with a set screw adjustment rather then a dial and you want one designated as an "ATC" Automatic Temperature Compensation

That look like exactly what i want. Thanks. Just a question though. Why are some of these $30 and on other websites they are like 50 and 60? From my understanding they are already very accurate so whats the extra money even get you?

A name brand on the item? Some of the more expensive ones are higher quality but not any more accurate. I had the marine depot version and was very happy with it.

None.. the science behind specific gravity is pretty str8 forward. I'm sure there are some exceptions out there but for the most part..nope.. $30/atc/screw calibration, metal housing, years of use...

I have no regrets. nor do my fish

Back
Top Bottom