refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ramonbetz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i need to know what tto put in my 20 gallon refugium and how many compartments i need to make

just put some rock and chaetomorpha microalgae. all you really need is two chambers the fuge and the return pump chamber that blocks out microbubbles, if you have a skimmer think about building athird chamber to house it before the fuge so that it makes it less likely for critters to get sucked into the skimmer pump. a snail could really jam things up

no i dont have a protien skimmer i really dont ssee any benefit in a protien skimmer were building a 75 gal bowftront

we dont even use protien skimmer were just gonna have canister filter refugium and 2 heaters

we need to buy glass pieces to make seperate chambers the idiot whhho had the sump before us acrylic sheets making seperate compartments everyone knows silicone doont stick to acrylic

we need to buy glass pieces to make seperate chambers the idiot whhho had the sump before us acrylic sheets making seperate compartments everyone knows silicone doont stick to acrylic
silicone will stick to it its just not built for structure when you use silicone. i'll hold the baffles inplace easily because there will be equal pressure on each side

as far as a protein skimmer, a quality one will pull alot of the dissolved organics out of the water. the organics will stick to the bubbles, the more tiny bubbles the more will stick to them and evetly be lifted up and removed from the water. the benefits a skimmer has are needed, especially if you decide to push the tocking limits and get lazy on waterchanges

Back
Top Bottom