Remote wired thermometer....where to place?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joey2619

Aquarium Advice Activist
Heres a picture of my tank, courtesy of paint. Ive got one of those corallife digital thermometers with a 40" wired probe, where should I place it in the tank? Picture below.

Attachments

• ex_653.jpg
    ex_653.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 131
If you have adequate circulation in the tank, it should be a uniform temperature...so probe placement shouldn't be a huge concern.

It doesn't matter much, the water temp will be the same throughout the tank. Just don't leave it out of the water, or the heater won't shut off, and you'll have fish soup.

Ah, I have a heater w/separate sensor, was thinking you were talking about the same thing. :oops:
Leaving the thermometer probe out of the water won't cook the fish, but would make the tank seem too cold. 8O
I use the good old floating glass heaters, attached to the side w/suction cups. Otherwise, they're always facing the wrong way when you want to see what the temp is. :lol:

Hahaha I hear ya. Ima raise the temp up to 74F and that will be good, damn good thing I bought this, I have one of those glass thermos that stick on the outside of the aquarium, and it always says 82F, I was like....wow I must be really baking my fish, but turned out I was only 70.5F!!!!!! I appreciate all the help. Now time to make some more threads ;)

The stick-on-the-glass types are very inaccurate. When I first bought my digital, I found that the one on the glass was 8 degrees off. I'll never go back to the stick-on types. I have a bunch of the Coralife ones like you got. They are very good. Just might want to think about getting a new battery for it, never know how long it's been in the package with the battery in it. I got one and it died in a weeks time. Got a new battery, and it's been running ever since.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom