Rena smartfilter 55

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krystle

Aquarium Advice Regular
Going to pick up my new 55 gallon today and trying to get my list down of all the things I need. Found the Rena smartfilter 55 and wanted to get some reviews on it and see If its worth a crap :) the tank will be for 2 yellow bellied sliders and about 20 Molly and platty as well as crayfish. Any help is appreciated :)

It uses those square filter cartridges, no? IMO, you would be better off with a canister or an AquaClear HOB. The biggest cost in a filter is not the up-front cost, it's the cost of media replacement. AquaClear filters are very customizable and come with a sponge that could possibly be used for a year or more. You can put just about anything in a canister and cheap media abounds for this option. Aren't turtles funky dirty critters? You would likely be better off with a canister.

I agree. I don't know why Rena would design a product only to have a specific filter piece. Use any hob or any other canister so u can buy in bulk; cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom