rena xp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would go with the XP3 and the 300 watt heater. I have an XP3 on each of my 55g tanks and they do an excellent job of keeping the water clean. I just don't think the XP2 would be enough, IMO. I do have big bioloads though, so it might depend on what your stocking plans are. If you plan to stock the tank to the max or have really messy fish (like African cichlids) then I'd go with the XP3. If you will be understocked, then go with the XP2.

Just my 2 cents...:)

My 2 cents would be exactly the same-it's always nice to have more room for media, if nothing else. I'd get the XP3 and 300 watt heater. OK, so that's what I have on my 55 and I love it....

I use the xp2 on my 55 with great success, even with a big bio-load. I would certainly like the extra room and power the xp3 offers, but I don't think it's neccessary.

XP3 and the Hydor ETH 300. Great combo, will keep your tank dead on for temp. Fluctuations are only about 1 degree max.

Back
Top Bottom