Rena XP2 Spray Bar Too Powerful...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

realdeal

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have the XP2 on my 36g Bow-Front tank and the waterflow from the spray bar seems to be too powerful as it is blowing the fish around whenever the cross the center of the tank.

Would pointing the spray bar down work? What about removing the end cap of the spray bar?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

PS - I have a bubble wand.

You could point it up so it breaks the surface more, that might help.

What I did in my 29 was to get a replacement spraybar. The end cap pulls right off, and they fit together, doubling the length. You get less force this way since it's spread out further. Replacement spraybars are only a couple bucks at planetrena.com

I have my spray bar pointed at the back of the tank at a slight downward angle, it allows the water to hit the back glass of the tank, and dramatically reduce the force of the water. The downward angle keeps splashing to a minimum, while allowing for a less stressful fishy environment...

More and/or bigger holes on the existing spraybar will also help. While it won't change the flow rate, it will reduce the force of the output from the individual holes.

I've heard of some people offsetting a second row of holes (i.e. they don't point in the same direction). That could help spread the force out.

Back
Top Bottom