rena xp3 tab broke when securing quick disconnect

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Britt

Aquarium Advice Newbie
new $47 petsmart xp3 has BLACK rotating wheel inside the external casing on the underside of the top disconnect where the goo-like sealant is(when you secure the handle it rotates and secures the disconnect to the top lid) well it wasnt seating like it should and when securing a *snap* showed me one side of the black securing wheel broke. it now is seating properly and is easy enough to secure, it doesnt look like it should be a problem because it looks like it should when the handle is secured down.(have not tried it yet)..Anyone else experience this? thank you.

I've often thought about how easy it would be for that to happen. You really have to press down on the quick disconnect to get it seated well before pushing the lever down. If it's not leaking, it should be fine. I broke the quick disconnect on my eheim about a year ago, it's been fine since.

thanks for responding. now when i look under the lid, when the handle is up, the black wheel has a gap on one side and not on the other. when lowering the handle(locked position) it looks fine, hope it works! (fingers, legs, and eyes crossed!)thanks

Back
Top Bottom