return from sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

huey112

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
In my tank the return from my sump has maybe tiny bubbles or small particles or something coming out with the water. what is this? is it harmful? a friend of mine said that they maybe micro bubbles. Is my skimmer causing this? Oh I've only had my tank running for a week or so.

Do you have any baffles in between the drain and the return pump? The skimmer can cause bubble as well. Try and keep a baffle between it and the return pump as well.

HTH

I have an oceanic model 1 sump it has 2 baffles between the drain and the return pump my skimmer is before the 2 baffles between them is a foam sponge

Can you visibly see the bubbles in the sump? Might just need to find the source and see if you can isolate it from the pump. Turn the skimmer off for a day and see if you see a difference.

I have a ton of bubbles that come from my drain but the distance from the that an the pump is enough for the bubble to subside. I try to make my skimmer dump by the drain so it dissipates as well before getting to the pump.

experiment and see what happens.

I think it's from my skimmer I'm going to try and have it dump more by the drain. As for the water level it is about 6 1/2 inches deep. thanks for your help.

My skimmer has been running for about 1 week will it eventually stop producing all these micro bubbles. I have moved it around so it dumps by the drain and it has reduced the bubbles, but not eliminated them. I have a sponge filter between my baffles and one on my return pump. Is there anything else I can do? Adding another baffle is my last resort.

Back
Top Bottom