Rich's 85 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BallinCrew10 said:
Yea I wouldn't put anything in my tank that I myself collected from the ocean. There's too many variables and unknowns that could quickly wipe out your tank. Though in this case it sounds like premixed SW, which is fine, just a hassle. Personally I would either buy a ro/di unit or but the ro/di water and mix the water yourself. JMO

Oh I dnt kno I have to ask them...haven't had a problem yet...

Am I suppose to leave my moon lights on all night?

if you want to, its really for your viewing pleasure so whatever you like

If you want. They aren't necessary for the tank or your livestock. They're only made so you can see in your tank at night without a flashlight.

Ok I see well I like to see the coral glow at night I have them shut of a two in the morning I was just woundering what about my other lights the blue ones and the ones for the coral...and can adding more moon lights keep the live stock awake? Now I have 8 dim lights

No adding more won't keep them "awake". The moonlights have no photosynthetic value. Your corals open and close for the whites and atinics because that's how they survive. Moonlights are for you and you alone.

Alright thanks I'ma add acouple more lol can u help me out on what they eat SUP people tell me calcium And iodide and others tell me food for them I'm lost lol

They won't need anything but your lighting. As for the supplements just do PWC's and they'll have all the iodine and calcium they need.

most corals dont need anything they get everything they need from the light just do regular water changes and they will keep the supplimental levels like calcium mag etc in check but check those levels regularly also

How long should I run coral lights and blue lights ?

In the morning atinics on for an hour, then whites and atinics, the when the whites go out have the atinics on for an hour. Then your LED moonlights.

Ok I'm going to buy some test kits and reccomindations?

BallinCrew10 said:
API test kits are the most recommended

Witch one reef test kit or the regular one? Witch ones do I need .I have corals lol sorry for being a newbie askin dumb ?'s

You'll want the reef one. Sorry I forgot to be specific. The only dumb question is the one you don't ask lol

well you need to test for calcium ,magnesium,phosphates nitrite ammonia nitrate and alk and ph those are the ones i test for so far

Yes different corals need different levels of current. I would say do some research on the corals you would like to get to determine how strong or low of a current they prefer.

I agree with ballin that site has everything you need to know about pretty much whatever you want to put in your tank

Back
Top Bottom