Ricordea & Mushroom Show Off & Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This big orange one will not stop growing, there are already 6 new ones! I used to feed it mysis but stopped because it got too large.

This big orange one will not stop growing, there are already 6 new ones! I used to feed it mysis but stopped because it got too large.

That's a really sick picture. I love how its unfocused in some parts but focused on others. I'm no expert on photography so idk what you'd call it but i love it. Beautiful :)

That's a really sick picture. I love how its unfocused in some parts but focused on others. I'm no expert on photography so idk what you'd call it but i love it. Beautiful :)

Thanks :) I think it's adjusting the "depth of field" but I may be wrong.

Nope, you're right on. Depth of field is associated with focal length and F stop the lens is set at.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

wow so many shrooms and not 1 in my tank , for some odd reason they just don't take in my tank , but when I had my 37g up and running they grew like weeds oh how I miss that tank

wow so many shrooms and not 1 in my tank , for some odd reason they just don't take in my tank , but when I had my 37g up and running they grew like weeds oh how I miss that tank

I can only keep them if they're on real liverock. Any Time I buy mushrooms on tiles or shells they fall off and get lost in my liverock

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Here is a orange ricordia that was 3/4 of an inch when I bought it. Now its over 3 inches big.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1429113794716.jpg
    1429113794716.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 88
Here is a better picture.

Great pic love the mouth - green pop of color.

My sickly mushroom looks like it is getting better over the last few days.

Almost bought a blue and a tiny bit of green one but decided to save the money for a very blue green or a full blue.

Great pic love the mouth - green pop of color.

My sickly mushroom looks like it is getting better over the last few days.

Almost bought a blue and a tiny bit of green one but decided to save the money for a very blue green or a full blue.

Thanks Autumn. I've been wanting to get a blue ricordea but haven't seen one I really like. I hope your shroom get better.

My recorded Yuma had babies. I noticed today that my ricordea Yuma was not opened up as much as yesterday when I took the picture. I took a closer look and that's when I saw the two babies.? I will try to post pics tomorrow.

My recorded Yuma had babies. I noticed today that my ricordea Yuma was not opened up as much as yesterday when I took the picture. I took a closer look and that's when I saw the two babies.? I will try to post pics tomorrow.

That's exciting!!

Mushrooms dropping off and floating around

I have green mushrooms that are doing well they have been multiplying so much that I put galaxy frags around them to keep them on "their" rock.

I just scraped the glass and moved a few rocks around and now 10 or 15 mushrooms have dropped off and are floating around.

I'm not thrilled they are "swimming " as I'll end up with a million of them

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429386769.402157.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429388191.870835.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429388242.136521.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429388361.749298.jpg
Here you can see the galaxy used as a fence on one side ....but on the other side get are spreading

The bottom and bottom right ones are about 2-3"
View attachment 270341

Love those.

Mushrooms dropping off and floating around

I have green mushrooms that are doing well they have been multiplying so much that I put galaxy frags around them to keep them on "their" rock.

I just scraped the glass and moved a few rocks around and now 10 or 15 mushrooms have dropped off and are floating around.

I'm not thrilled they are "swimming " as I'll end up with a million of them

View attachment 270353

View attachment 270354View attachment 270355View attachment 270356
Here you can see the galaxy used as a fence on one side ....but on the other side get are spreading

So smart way to corral them and pretty color.

Back
Top Bottom