Rimless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhsoto94

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been looking to buy a 5 gallon rimless for a blue pearl shrimp tank but am not looking to pay 60$+ especially if I just want the tank and not the top, filter, etc.

I read that it is possible to take the rims off of tanks and was wondering if anyone has experience doing this. (I'm probably going to try it anyways only 10$ or so for a 5 gallon at my lfs) but wanted to see if anyone can give me tips on it.

Derimming tanks are quite common, especially in the TPT forum. A simple search should yield examples. However, if you really like rimless tanks, IMO, the workmanship, beveled edge glass, superb silicone work of today's Chinese made rimless tanks are even more affordable and rival those of ADA. They're truly a piece of art within itself and worth it to get at least one - albeit a cheaper nano.

With that said, Truaqua.com has nice Aquatop tanks, or CAD Lights Zen line, or Mr. Aqua all have offerings on PAR with the quality of ADA, but at a much lower price point. They're just exquisite..

Your tank looks awesome didn't know a little tank could look so good. I'm debating on the 4 or 7g now. Was looking more at the 4 but might as well pay the 15 more for almost twice the size. Thanks for the link will definitely buying one of those.

Cool... glad I can help. Sorry I was bad influence into a more expensive tank. But IMO they're so beautiful and worth it.

The 7g would be better. More real estate for scape options.

You should start a build thread journal in the planted tank section when you get it. Plenty of knowledgeable folks there. If you have any questions, LMK.

No I appreciate it exactly what I was looking for. I couldn't find anything for under 60 cheap that's why I was going to derim a 5g.

Once I sell my 55g on craigslist I'll be good to go haha.

I might do a thread and I'll be sure to ask you some questions too haha!

Back
Top Bottom