RIP Powder Brown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I tried so hard with him, even got him eating really well but the he got white spot so I started a QT and put him in there with some SafeStart which my LFS told me would make my water safe to put fish in immediately. The next day I noticed a huge nitrite spike!

I don't know what kind of filtration you have on your DT, but I have a small hob filter that i have on the FOWLR. It's a second filter and runs all the time. That's the filter I use for QT. if I set up QT, I move the filter over and add a small pice of LR to the tank, which I will have throw out if I ever treat with Meds not appropriate for the DT. But I'm ok with that, it's just a small rock. Anyways, that way, I always have a seeded filter ready for the QT tank. Just an idea for next time you need QT.

Ha ha that's exactly what I am setting up. I have an Interpet internal filter which once cycled I will pop in the sump of my DT. That way I won't be tempted to use my QT as another nano reef etc. I set it up on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom