Ro but di?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

E-rock

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have read some different opinions and hear different things from my lfs about rodi water. Some people say just Ro is fine but on the other hand some say nothing but 0 Tds water is acceptable. So is Ro ( without the di) water alright for a fowlr tank?? My tap here is pretty good.... Seeing that I live in viewing distance of the largest freshwater source in the country. Or am I just asking for major problems down the road?

Not to mention my one lfs has a beautiful reef tanks and they don't use anything other than Ro water

It depends what comes out of the filter. The most important things to look for are ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, phosphates, and some heavy metals. If after going through the RO filter the water doesn't contain these, then your good.

That was a dumb question lol. ( I work 14 hours today) but should just test the tap with my normal test kits

You can't really, which is the problem.... I think you might be able to test copper and magnesium, but water can contain a whole number of things. Do you have a tds meter?

I personally do not. I was planing on buying one when bought a system. But it seems to make more since to buy one first.

They're only about $25 so it's not too much. I think the most important things to test for are ammonia, trite,trate, phos, and copper. All of those should be at 0.

If buyin your own unit I owuld just go with the ro/di, good peace of mind for just a few bucks more.
:)

Back
Top Bottom