RO/DI question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup....RO right or equilibrium for gh, baking soda for kh, salt to taste. No, I did not just type that. Ignore it.

yeah, well i'm just trying to get phosphates out. i didn't want to keep buying phosphate absorber (the phosphates from my tap are over 10 PPM!!!!). so i conisdered getting a Reverse osmosis/deionizer, but now that i learned that i have to add minerals back to the water i'm kind of weary about it, it just sounds like just as much of a hastle as buying phosphate absorber

does anyone know if it'd be more worthwhile to get RO/DI and add minerals or just continue to buy phosphate absorber?

What tank setup are you running? Have you thought about heavily planting it? With high levels of phosphate, I would have thought plants would do well and they'll take in the excess. Saves using treatments (I'm just a prude when it comes to quick fixes :p lol).

coldmachineUK said:
What tank setup are you running? Have you thought about heavily planting it? With high levels of phosphate, I would have thought plants would do well and they'll take in the excess. Saves using treatments (I'm just a prude when it comes to quick fixes :p lol).

Phosphates in a planted tank should never be over 1-2ppm. High levels like the OP has leads to major algae issues.

As far as your question, I know you'll have to add stuff back in there, but as far as what I can't really help.

Back
Top Bottom