RO/DI Unit Recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquafreak

Aquarium Advice Freak
Which unit would you recommend for RO/DI? Which has the best customer support and prices? Is there a good place to get storage containers?

Thanks in advance.

...i'll try to find one -- now all i've got to do is figure out how to hook it up :)

any places to pick up good water storage containers?

I bought my RO/DI on ebay. It works well, but I haven't had it for that long (FilterDirect). It was under 100$. My water containers I bought at my LFS. They're 5g jugs with screw on tops and air vents in the back (also with screw on caps). The LFS sold them for 6$. I keep 6 of them filled with RO/DI. I use 4 at a water change.

Thanks. What is LFS?

Also, you LR had some really great hitch hikers. Where did you purchase it from? I'm disappointed with mine.

I got mine from LiveRocks.com. My LFS (Local Fish Store) [Hint: if you over over any of those words that are colored and underlined you'll see the replacement for the acronym] had very expensive, very dull, ugly rocks. I ended up buying 30# of Gulf Rock and 30# of Keys Rock from LR.com. The 30# of gulf came with a GREAT set of hitch hikers. I liked the color and clams on the Keys Rock better though, but it doesn't have as much life on it). Some people have a mantis show up on their LR.com orders but I didn't have any of those. I got literally dozens of porcelain crabs and 1/2 dozen red crabs that I've removed all but one of. I was very happy with my order and when I order my next 30 it will be from them as well!

I have a Kent Maine Maxima and like it just fine. Bottom line is that they are pretty much the same so bargon shop for the best price. Be sure to check with Darin (as mentioned) at www.captivereefs.com he is a wealth of knowlege and a sponsor of this fine site.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom