Ro water filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DannyBWell

Aquarium Advice Activist
My ph is high and my houses water is high also so water changes don't work so I was going to get a ro water filter which I believe has a ph of 7.0 but I can't install it in my house because its a rental and we can't do any modifications to it so is it possible to hook up a small pump to the water intake on the filter and go that way will that work?

You could run the system on your tank itself. What size tank is it? For the cost you may want to look at getting the big jugs of distilled water instead. Keep in mind when you run 100% r/o you will have to add back in some of the nutrients that have been filtered out. I have r/o on my discus tank I ran the system myself (hubby's a plumber) I took all the parts from his work stuff ;-)

You could run the system on your tank itself. What size tank is it? For the cost you may want to look at getting the big jugs of distilled water instead. Keep in mind when you run 100% r/o you will have to add back in some of the nutrients that have been filtered out. I have r/o on my discus tank I ran the system myself (hubby's a plumber) I took all the parts from his work stuff ;-)

I have a 75 g a 15g and a 10g so buying distilled water isn't an option it will be way too expensive over the long run my 15 g is a guppy tak and they are fine with the ph my water is at and my 10g is my guppy breeder tank it's fine also so it would be for my 75g

Ph doesn't affect most fish to much as most fish can live in a wide range ph

Its just big changes in ph they don't like ie 6.5 one min then 8 one day later

You will probably find the ph is high due to the high gh and kh

Ro units in my eyes are very wasteful as ever gallon you get of RO you get 1-2 gallons of waste water you just throw away

You also can just use RO water as its to pure for fish to live in so you need to add minerals back into to RO water or you will get low gh and kh making the ph very unstable

Try putting some peat in you filter or add more bogwood / driftwood this will soften the water and lower ph

Ph doesn't affect most fish to much as most fish can live in a wide range ph

Its just big changes in ph they don't like ie 6.5 one min then 8 one day later

You will probably find the ph is high due to the high gh and kh

Ro units in my eyes are very wasteful as ever gallon you get of RO you get 1-2 gallons of waste water you just throw away

You also can just use RO water as its to pure for fish to live in so you need to add minerals back into to RO water or you will get low gh and kh making the ph very unstable

Try putting some peat in you filter or add more bogwood / driftwood this will soften the water and lower ph

I will have to try that thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom