RO water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WAX

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i was wondering if i would need to add anything to the RO water besides salt. anything for ph,gh,kh

the salt should balance the pH. You need to test your water to see what you need if anything.
Everyone I know only use additives to the tank not there top off water or new salt water.
I have never balanced my new SW for a water change, only the tank when done.

All I do is mix the marine salt with the water. What type salt are you using?

it's a no name salt that my pet store sells. they told me it was just the sam as instant ocean with out the fish on the bag

I agree. There is a large range of performance in salt mixes. Just watch for stable parameters and no bad algae growth. Hopefully it will be fine, but testimonials are sure helpful.

Testing the PH, Ca, Alk, and magnesium of your fresh SW would be a good idea (mix it to full strength reef seawater- SG 1.024-1.026). If they are all within the proper ranges, your good to go. I don't even trust name brands, let alone some LFS blend. Consistency from batch to batch is also very important and something to consider.

No name salt?? Never heard of a no name salt..
I would never trust a no name salt. JMO

Before adding any additives in the tank or new SW Testing is a must.

Back
Top Bottom