Rock ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That looks like a coral that's not totally dead and is recovering. If I'm not mistaken, a Goniopora, or flower pot coral. Where did you get the rock?

No way!!!!!!!! How lucky is that. I've only had it set up for two days. I bought the rock from my lfs. Plus I found two frags aswell

The coral you have identified in the picture is under another rock and it only seems to be thriving where the light is touching it. Shall I swap the rock around so it has light on the whole of the rock or shall I leave it to settle now?

These are the frags I have found too one is lying on the sand bed shall I put it on the LR

image-810549868.jpg

image-4081628974.jpg

I don't think it will survive a cycle however. You might want to add some of that bottled bacteria to see if it helps shorten the length of the toxic part of the cycle. I would move it a little, so the entire skeleton is getting light.

mr_X said:
I don't think it will survive a cycle however. You might want to add some of that bottled bacteria to see if it helps shorten the length of the toxic part of the cycle. I would move it a little, so the entire skeleton is getting light.

Ok Mr X. I hope it survives. My lfs recons the cycle shouldn't be too harsh with the way I have set it up but we will have to see
Many thanks for your help I've just remembered how it felt to be a child in a toy shop again lol.

Back
Top Bottom