Rodi in freshwater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AZdogpatch06

Aquarium Advice Freak
I can't seem to find a straight answer for this one. Is it bad to use straight rodi on a planted tank? Right now, I basically mix the rodi with the "waste water" of the rodi unit. I figure it's not as bad as tap water, and it's leaving in minerals and certain nutrients for the plants. I know that my reef tank needs it because coral is extremely sensitive to crap water. I do and back calcium and trace elements to the reef tank FYI. Any tips or advice?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I can't seem to find a straight answer for this one. Is it bad to use straight rodi on a planted tank? Right now, I basically mix the rodi with the "waste water" of the rodi unit. I figure it's not as bad as tap water, and it's leaving in minerals and certain nutrients for the plants. I know that my reef tank needs it because coral is extremely sensitive to crap water. I do and back calcium and trace elements to the reef tank FYI. Any tips or advice?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Exactly what I do. Pure Rodi is not good for planted tanks, the plants need all those different elements found in most tap water

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom