RODI unit water pressure question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pylor

Aquarium Advice Regular
A few months ago I posted a question here about my super high pH apartment water and was convinced to buy an RODI unit for an old 29 gallon tank I was going to setup after being in storage for 6 years. I haven't decided yet if I want to do a mix of apartment water and RODI water or just straight RODI water (straight RODI water with chemicals mixed in might be a bit more consistent I'd imagine).

Anyways, I finally got around to setting things up this weekend (lots of cleaning) and I hooked the AquaFX barracuda up to the faucet in my bathroom. Turns out my apartment's water pressure is just about as horrible as the water, I've only got 40PSI of water pressure, maybe a smidge less. That's RIGHT on the line for the minimum required to permeate the membrane. Should I buy the booster for it? It'd be another 120 dollars for it, and I don't pay for my water as it's included in rent. Will it affect anything besides output and possibly membrane life?

I had to borrow a cheap plastic faucet-to-outdoor converter for my sink to be converted-to-compatible with the RODI unit input and it was leaking a little bit, so I'm hoping if I grab a metal/rubber (higher quality) converter that can withstand pressure it might get my numbers up a little bit.

Any thoughts from anyone? All input appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom