Roller Paint or Spray Paint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
haha thanks for the heads up. I was really gearing towards blue. Is there a difference between Krylon Gloss black and Krylon Fusion Black?

Cornstar said:
What exactly does that mean? o_O Which would look better on glass?

For the back your fine with the picture you showed. Just IMO don't paint it gloss. Use flat or semi gloss. You really won't k ow the difference when viewing from the front.

** Just remember use small light steady coats, side to side and start from the top down. I use to do graffiti professionally for what it's worth.

Ok, I think I am going to use flat because that is what I see in the store.

Do you think some of the paint will reflect backwards when I spray it at a close distance?

What exactly does that mean? o_O Which would look better on glass?

Use the fusion it will adhere better to the glass
wash glass down with alcohol first and dry good
not getting any oils from your hands on glass
or paint may blotch(y)

IMO either will work just fine. I've used both and see no difference in either. You'll be fine with the regular Krylon outdoor/indoor kind. Like others have said wash with running alcohol let dry and spray away.

Nice and easy will win the race here. Go slow and take your time. Plenty of ventilation and cover as much surface area as possible around where your going to spray. Let dry, inspect and repeat until fully covered.

You may have to pull back the front and look through so you can see any missed spots. It's harder to tell from the backside.

Your doing this with fish in so I can't stress enough to make sure the top is covered well and make sure not to get overspray on the filters etc...

Start from the top and just go light back and fourth, left to right or right to left. You get the idea.

Just take your time. You don't wanna run into a drip session that will stink! So watch the top and make sure it's dry before you reapply. I've noticed after doing several tanks the paint WON'T stick to the top area where the silicone is, as well as the rest of the tank.

You'll be fine. Take your time.

And post some pics! :)

Done spray painting the back! I had to use two cans since the first some leaked for some reason :(

Waiting for hands to be clean of spray paint before touching ornaments and rocks. Going to upload a picture of before and after when I am done :)

Before and after! Probably have to fix up the landscaping.

It doesn't look too different in pictures but it looks great in person.

Attachments

• image-1614126513.jpg
    image-1614126513.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 101
  • image-1353848328.jpg
    image-1353848328.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 88
  • image-1836446582.jpg
    image-1836446582.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 83
Looks awesome!! GREAT JOB!!

:)

Nice and easy! Told ya ;)

And BTW the after shot of the scaping is killer! Love it!

Cornstar said:
Thanks! I still do not think it looks as good as yours, which is kind of my goal :p

Ah thanks so much for the compliment I really appreciate your kind words but yours is awesome in its own way also!! Don't cut yourself short you did a GREAT job! And the scape looks amazing!! Keep up the good the work. :)

Seriously, again great job. Was there much of an overspray issue?

Ah thanks so much for the compliment I really appreciate your kind words but yours is awesome in its own way also!! Don't cut yourself short you did a GREAT job! And the scape looks amazing!! Keep up the good the work. :)

Seriously, again great job. Was there much of an overspray issue?

Thanks!

I think one of the main issue I had was really getting the top darken. You were on point about struggling to paint over the silicone part. I got some spray paint on my wooden floor but was able to remove the specs off easily with some rubbing alcohol.

I also covered most of everything, but I happened to get smudge on the corner of my tank but can be easily removed.

Cornstar said:
Thanks!

I think one of the main issue I had was really getting the top darken. You were on point about struggling to paint over the silicone part. I got some spray paint on my wooden floor but was able to remove the specs off easily with some rubbing alcohol.

I also covered most of everything, but I happened to get smudge on the corner of my tank but can be easily removed.

Glad I could help! And yeah the top has always been a challenge for me. But it all worked out and your tank looks GREAT!

Back
Top Bottom