Root tabs from ebay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paxdaddy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone use them? They seem really inexpensive. There are also some iron tabs as well. Just wondering how well they work.

Depends on which ones you are talking about. I sell clay based tabs on ebay, there are also a ton of listings for the osmocote tabs. Osmocote tabs are pretty popular since they are really cheap to make/buy and work pretty well as a slow release fert.

Depends on which ones you are talking about. I sell clay based tabs on ebay, there are also a ton of listings for the osmocote tabs. Osmocote tabs are pretty popular since they are really cheap to make/buy and work pretty well as a slow release fert.

What about your? How are they compared to the osmocote? I will be using dry ferts too. Just for reference. C'mon man this is a chance to push your product! Educate me

It just depends on which ones you get, there are different formulas. There's a basic original formula composed of a dry fert blend bound in clay, and there's also a 'boost' blend that is designed with more slow acting fertilizers like kelp. I use clay to make mine because it serves the other purpose of adding a high cec material into the substrate as well as iron (albeit in oxide form).

Osmocote tabs work fine, I have used them a lot especially in my flower beds.

So does the clay stay in the substrate forever? Or does it break down over time? How often ( I'm sure it depends on many factors) in general do you need to replace them?

Yes the clay stays in there as long as it isn't disturbed. I recommend adding new ones of the original formula every 1-2 months and the long term boost formula is meant to be good for 4-6

Sent from Peabody's rabbit hole.

So what about the iron up tabs are they just clay with added iron or do they have the same ferts as the original tabs too?
Sorry for so many questions

So would I want the original formula and the iron tabs or would dosing the liquid iron supplement be a better choice?

The original formula has plantex csm+b in it which already has some iron, the iron up tabs are more of an amendment for a setup that is experiencing a deficiency or needs more than the micromix already has in it.

Back
Top Bottom