roots?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheNamelessPoet

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just wondering why the roots are coming so far up thee plant... ( I assume they are the roots)...

Attachments

• P5050001.jpg
    P5050001.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 54
  • P5050002.jpg
    P5050002.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 73
**** that was fast lol... there were no roots there last wendsday... look at that growth in just 7 days in the water.

yup cut and replant. As they grow in thicker and adjust to your water, you will not see the roots develop so quickly (in my tank they don't develop until the plant starts growing horizontal on the surface of the water).

probably had to do wht the tough time I had at 1st getting everything to stay in my substrate... not a problem now it seems like its all good except when the fish pul up a plant or two lol

If your plan is to build a bit of a wall with them, you will do best to trim often anyway just so you can keep planting the additional stems next to each other. Eventually the mayaca and rotala both will form a thick wall (if that is your intent).

Cmon, there is always method to madness.

Soon enough I will be posting pics of my own however Im still not sure how to lay them out, not sure whats going to grow taller or stay shrub like.

I got that low light bundle from FORT, now just waiting on our nations finest, aka USPS to drop it at me door.

FORT, should I ALUM dip them or are they good to go?

Most stem plants do that - grow hair roots from the stem. I just pinch the hair roots off. It won't hurt the plants. You can also pinch the whole stem at a hair root and replant, or you can just replant a stem top without any hair roots. Stem plants grow roots very fast so it's ok to plant a stem without any roots. It will soon grow some.

My tanks are pretty healthy, but I do have some snails in my tanks...

My tanks are pretty healthy, but I do have some snails in my tanks...
what snails? the good ones or the hitchhikers?

I am getting some ALUM just incase, I dont need another snail infestation again.

I dunno they are all hitch hikers in my mind :). I think they are MTS. They never get big enough in my tank 'cause my Botia Stratia eats them as fast as he can find them.

those small brown things? I am waiting till the kids go to bed to go get the ALUM. Better safe then sorry, and at .88 cents a can its cheap enough too.

What low light plants make a good "bank" Ive got a rock "creek" bed in there and would love to actually have a row of plants on each side to keep that darn sand from burying the rocks.

Back
Top Bottom